I’ve included a handful of code snippets for you to download and use during this course. I want to make sure that you can download them and use them correctly!
For our first assignment, you will need to:
- Download the code under resources named “PineScriptHelloWorld.txt”
- Open the file in a text editor (ie word, textEdit)
- Copy everything!
- Navigate to TradingView.
- Open the pine editor.
- Clear the editor of all text
- Paste the code into the editor.
- Save the code.
- Add to chart!
- If you did this right you should see “Hello World! ” on your main chart!
- If you don’t see anything, try zooming in. Sometimes the text is not large enough on different monitors.
If you didn’t have issues — Great!
Congratulations! You just added a custom indicator to your TradingView.
Don’t worry if you don’t understand what any of the code means right now. By the end of this course you will know it all!
If you did have issues — Sorry!
- Make sure you copy and paste everything exactly as it is.
- Be sure you didn’t accidentally add an extra space or letter and break the formatting.
- Also make sure that you completely remove everything inside the pine editor before you paste the starter code and save.
- If you are still having issues, please send me your error message and I will do my best to help you.
- You could also post your issue in the forum.